Right Path Foundation is a public charitable trust, formed to specifically organize professional/technical education, training or programmes; with a view to sustainable development of society involving youthsMajor reasons/objectives to form the Trust were –
- To focus on professional/technical capacity building and skill development programmes for youths to enhance their jobs/income enhancement/upgradation opportunities.
- To specifically work for establishing, managing and supporting professional/technical institutions for youths.
- To work for checking migration of youths to other states for professional/technical education or jobs.
- Paucity of good quality professional/technical educational/training institutions in Bihar.
- To avail the opportunity provided by Govt. of Bihar for giving impetus to technical education sector in Bihar.
- The Trust, Right Path Foundation, is registered as a Public Charitable Trust under Indian Trust Act 1882 vide Reg. No. 1219; 02/06/2008 (2nd June 2008) and registered with Registration Officer, District Registration Office, Patna (Bihar), as revised on 5th August 2014.
‘To open, establish, promote, set-up, maintain, support and/or help literacy, informal, formal and/or distance education programmes/activities including technical/non-technical, professional, management, teacher’s training, art & craft, vocational and physical education/training/course by any or all types of schools, colleges, universities, training/coaching centres, hostels, research or other institutions of the like nature for the purpose.’ To fulfil the objective and provide varied options to youths having varied career interests, the Foundation is developing ‘Gautam Group of Institutes’ in its sprawling campus at Bhagan Bigha, close to Biharsharif town, the district headquarter of Nalanda. Following technical/professional educational/training institutions are running under the aegis of gautam Group of Institutions –
- Gautam Industrial Training Center
- Gautam Institute of Nursing & Paramedics
- Gautam Teachers’ Training College
- Mata Sushila Institute of Education
- The Centre is recognized by National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT), Ministry of Labour and Employment, Govt. of India
- GITC is currently running with two trades – Electrician and Fitter with approved annual intake of 84 students (42 in each trade/course).
- GINP is recognized by Govt. of Bihar and Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi.
- Established in 2011, GINP is running ANM, GNM and Basic B. Sc. (Nursing) courses with approved annual intake of 50, 40 and 40 students respectively.
In last ten years, educational environment in Bihar has improved tremendously which is also seen in increased literacy rate, increasing enrolment in schools and colleges, opening of schools, tuition and coaching centres; and bulk recruitment of teachers. The Foundation decided to set up a Teachers’ Training College in its Bhagan Bigha campus, Biharsharif in 2012.Major objectives for establishing Teachers’ Training College are –
- To provide opportunity to youths for building career in teaching profession.
- To provide quality teachers/guides to society.
- To function as a Resource Centre to support and work for improving general teaching standards.
- GTTC is recognized by ERC-NCTE, Bhubaneswar.
- It is affiliated with Magadh University, Bodh Gaya.
- It is currently running B. Ed. course with approved annual intake of 100 students (two units of 50 students each).
- The College has planned to double its intake strength in B. Ed. course as well as start D. El. Ed. and M. Ed. courses.
MSIE is recognized with Bihar Nursing Registration Council, Govt. of Bihar to conduct ANM courses. Process for its recognition with Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi is on.
PLANS OF THE FOUNDATION
- Increase strength of student intake in courses running in GTTC, GINP and GITC.
- Start higher/new courses in GTTC, GINP and GITC.
- Developing a new campus at Saiyad Bahri, Chandi – Hilsa Road, Chandi (Nalanda).
- Establish a teacher training college and an ITI in the new campus.
- Establish a school to provide quality basic schooling education.
- Establish a hospital to provide world class health services to rural population.